Technical Support Specialist – Helvar
We are now recruiting for two Technical Support Specialists to partner in the sales process, providing technical expertise of Helvar products, supporting project stakeholders including contractors and system integrators in the installation and commission of our products. One to be based in London and the SE, the other in Birmingham and the West Midlands.
Helvar is an international lighting technologies company, specialising in energy efficient and intelligent lighting solutions. Founded in Helsinki in 1921, we are a privately-owned Finnish company with a 90-year legacy in innovation and product development. Our Nordic values encourages everyone to participate, contribute and learn across our UK, Finish and Swedish offices.
About The Role
As Technical Support Specialist in Lighting Intelligence at Helvar, you will be responsible for supporting the UK Team in various roles including sales, estimating, providing your expert technical knowledge as part of after sales support through to installation and commissioning.
The successful candidates tasks would include building relationships with existing and new customers, displaying a high level of knowledge about Helvar products and providing technical support and advice.
In this position, you will be a key member of our sales team. Working alongside our Sales Managers, you will partner with them to provide a seamless selling, installation and commissioning process for the customer. Your personal style means you continuously drive for excellence in customer satisfaction, setting up complex systems and training contractors on site, and have a passion for learning new technology.
Post-sale, you will be the main point of contact for supporting Helvar’s lighting control systems, bringing your expertise to the heart of the customer experience through project management, troubleshooting and commissioning. You will be responsible for ensuring our advanced lighting systems are commissioned properly and serviced post-installation.
You’ll relish the opportunity to bring your expertise and bespoke customer service to our sales process, your commitment will mean you’re the key relationship for the customer and an ambassador for the business out in the field.
You will have service industry background and be someone who enjoys variation in the challenges put before you, your passion for customer service and technical specialism mean you’re ready to join one of the leaders in the lighting industry. We provide excellent training on all our products and systems.
- Partner with sales colleagues to provide seamless selling
- Build relationships with existing and new customers, generating new leads
- Provide estimate quotes
- Keep CRM up to date where necessary
- Provide excellent customer support by providing necessary information on our stand-alone and system level products via phone and email in a timely and professional manner
- Coordinate with on-site contractors and facility managers to ensure proper system installation and providing contractor training
- Serve as an internal technical expert for legacy systems and products
- Become proficient in servicing all Helvar products and systems while following field service procedures
- Through learning and development, be technical expertise on the company portfolio, including products, software and services
- Troubleshoot and diagnose user issues to repair Helvar products and systems, document problems and solutions and escalate customer questions when necessary
- Ensure our lighting systems are commissioned properly and serviced post-installation.
- Focus on lifecycle product service (troubleshooting, repair, training end-users, and upgrades)
- Work independently to accommodate the ever-changing needs and priorities of our customers
- Deliver exemplary customer service to Helvar customers
We are looking for a core background in electrical service industry, you will also be interested in the other elements of the customer and sales process with room for your own professional development across the business. You may be working in HVAC or as a commissioning engineer looking to expand your skills in your next career move.
- Hold an NVQ in Electrotechnical Services and Systems 2356 or City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures), or equivalent professional experience
- Electrical or Electronic background
- Proven track record of managing high customer expectations and delivering results under time pressure working to tight deadlines
- Ability to professionally interface with a wide range of customers from contractors to specifiers
- Passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and value, internally and externally
- Ability to work in a team and interact with other departments to deliver maximum value for costumers and the business
- Analytical mindset with experience in technical troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of lighting controls, desirable not essential
- Knowledge of automation, integration, HVAC, networks and/or AV equipment desirable, but not essential
- Hands-on: the role requires being able to fault find and resolve issues in the field
- Confident and effective communicator, ability to effectively present and influence individuals and groups at all level
- Flexible and agile, ability to adapt your approach and methods to maximise results
- Based in London or the South East/Birmingham or the West Midlands for travel and access to our markets, with occasional international travel when required
- You will be required to support the UK team whether on-site or from our office.
- Proficient IT skills and Microsoft
- Spoken and written fluency in English; an additional European language is desirable but is not essential
- Courage to prioritize and take bold actions
- Create customer value in everything you do
- Take the initiative to collaborate for maximum value
- Prototype to be fast
- Always-On feedback
Our newly refurbished office is based on the South East London/Kent boarder in wooded greenland with easy access from central London. 35 minutes by train from London Bridge or via car on the A2 at the Dartford Heath Interchange/M25 Junction 2. Free staff shuttle bus from the station, free car park and canteen onsite.
VW Caddy engineers van
20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
Christmas office closure
Cycle to Work scheme
Free tea and coffee
Shortlisting and interviews
Helvar is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to ensuring all applications are treated fairly. All applications are subject to our shortlisting process; so if you’re shortlisted we will contact you and invite you to attend an interview. We’ll also tell you if there will be any skills tasks to complete as part of the recruitment process. If you don’t hear from us 2 weeks after the closing date, your application has not been successful.