Specification Manager – Retail Lighting Controls-Harvard Engineering
The Specification Manager is responsible for developing Harvard’s demand creation strategy for our new Indoor Lighting Controls platforms within the Retail application segment.
The role will involve identifying key stakeholders who influence or make decisions on lighting controls selection and specification in this segment, building relationships with these stakeholders and identifying large projects that will lead to sales opportunities, and presenting Harvard’s leadership lighting control solutions together with the ROI and value proposition for the project. The first objective will be to build a substantial pipeline where Harvard control solutions and products are specified, then manage the pipeline and ensure projects get executed through to invoiced sales.
This role represents the beginning of a new initiative for Harvard where demand is created for the Companies’ products and solutions at the user level, and complements the strong presence the Company has in the OEM channel.
The successful candidate will build a robust pipeline of opportunities, and will be capable of building and leading a team of specification engineers as Harvard’s end user focus grows in this segment.
Key Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Develop a demand creation strategy for Harvard’s lighting controls in the commercial office, education and healthcare segments
- Identify a list of key decision makers/influencers, and present Harvard solutions and their value proposition. These will include end users, architects, M&E consultants and lighting designers
- Develop and manage a pipeline of projects where Harvard control solutions are specified.
- Using the CRM tool, execute each project to the point where the specification is turned into a sell
- Work closely with OEM team to ensure correct OEM partners are engaged in each project and that all luminaires are equipped with Harvard control hardware
- Provide accurate and timely sales and forecast information to ensure demand can be fulfilled whilst minimising excess inventory risk.
- Build intelligence on competitor activity and customer developments in the market segments
- Use initiative and teamwork with internal sales staff , engineering, production and others to resolve all issues that arise
- Identify opportunities for further enhancement of Harvard’s lighting controls solutions and their application to maintain leadership in the segment
Desired Skills and Experience
Specification sales track record
Professional sales and negotiation skills
Ability to sell on value proposition without resorting to price too readily
Project Management skills
Demonstrated ability to sell in B2B environment using value propositions
Cross functional team working
Articulate and able to communicate at all levels
Establishment & development of external customer relationships
Self-motivated & tenacious
Results-oriented & determined to win
Enthusiastic & passionate about lighting controls
Professional & courteous
Experience & knowledge of lighting control deployment in commercial applications
Knowledge of potential stakeholders and decision makers
Educated to degree level or equivalent
Electronic or electrical engineering training
Membership of lighting industry or construction industry trade associations (eg LIA, RIBA, CIBSE)
Team building skills
People management skills
Innovative in creating value propositions
We are seeking applications direct from candidates and therefore will not correspond with recruitment agencies in regards to this position.