Smart Lighting for Your Daily Living: WiZ Launches a Brand New Generation of Products in Europe
Eindhoven, the Netherlands –Signify (Euronext: LIGHT), the world leader in lighting, today announces the official launch of the latest generation of the multi-protocol WiZ smart lighting system in Europe. WiZ offers a comprehensive range of affordable smart lights and accessories that are easy to set-up with Bluetooth and your existing Wi-Fi network. The addition of the WiZ system seamlessly fits Signify’s mission to let consumers feel the magic of light through accessible smart lighting products that are intuitive in use.
“We are very excited to officially launch our Wi-Fi + Bluetooth WiZ Connected portfolio in Europe and make our products widely available. We are proud of our ecosystem that brings innovative lighting solutions for your daily living and enables consumers to control their lights and accessories right out of the box, offering products as accessible and easy to use as normal lighting, but then smart and connected!,” said Jean-Eudes Leroy, Co-Founder and business leader of WiZ Connected.
Plug & Play: Simple and smart lighting for everyone
The WiZ Connected portfolio includes lights and accessories that are very easy to install and enable consumers to instantly experience the perks of smart lighting. Just screw in the new WiZ light, download the intuitive WiZ mobile app and directly start to enjoy the lights. The newest products come with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth dual protocol chips which make the pairing process even easier and more reliable. In the near future, Signify will roll out this great feature to the full WiZ product range. Via different modes, consumers can easily set the perfect light to study, create a cozy setting by mimicking a fireplace or candlelight, and automate and synchronize lights with daily activities or schedule lights to smoothly wake you up or support your bedtime routine.
Voice and Smart Accessories to easily manage lights
In addition, consumers use WiZ to easily manage lights by using voice control with Amazon Alexa, Google Home or Siri shortcuts, without utilizing the app. Another option is using the universal WiZmote, which enables consumers to easily control the lights and customize favorite modes for each room. Or take the WiZ motion sensor, which enables hands-free control for easy user experience and automatically switches your lights on to a predefined setting as you enter the room. It even works when the Wi-Fi connection is down, thanks to the same low energy RF protocol as on the WiZmote. Simply walk by to trigger the lights to switch on. And for some more smart lighting magic, install the new WiZ smart plug and simply turn any light into a smart light instantly, as it will then allow you to control it via the WiZ app or remote.
So many options, so little effort
The WiZ app’s interface is user-friendly and intuitive with an easy drag and drop system to organize and control lights and accessories. Pre-set scenes and routines simplify daily living and help consumers to find the perfect light setting for any moment of the day. Circadian rhythm settings automatically choose the right type of light depending on the time of day. Cool, energetic light with bright intensity for a productive morning, gradually shifting to a soft warm dimmed light for a relaxing evening. It is like following the sun cycle, but indoors.
Give your guests control
The straightforward WiZ mobile app offers the opportunity to let multiple users manage the lights with different permissions. Household members can easily share the access right of the WiZ “home” function with each other. Other members can simply download the app and enter the invitation code, without configuration. Guests can therefore also enjoy control of the lights once they are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.1
The newest and coolest products
The launch of the WiZ ecosystem in Europe means that the whole WiZ connected portfolio will now be widely available, including multiple new and updated WiZ products and accessories:
- Wi-Fi + Bluetooth bulbs and spots in color and tunable white, including the most powerful connected bulb on the market with the new 100W equivalent A 67 (1600 lm) as well as the standard E27 bulb, GU10 spot, E14 candle and large round E27 bulb (G95). They all provide full color to create a great ambiance, brighten up your home with cool white and create a cozy atmosphere with warm white.
- A wide variety of WiZ Filament bulbs in Amber & Clear that combine great looks with smart technology and add a vintage touch to your home.
- The WiZ portfolio also includes luminaires, for example the WiZ Hero table lamp which comes with a simple design that appeals to a natural lifestyle. And the WiZ Quest with an adjustable head for creating indirect ambient light.
- Some really cool accessories to make your smart lighting even easier to control, including the existing WiZmote and our new WiZ motion sensor.
- The WiZ smart plug allows users to control their existing lights or devices with the WiZ app, so they can enjoy scheduling, voice control and away-from-home access.
Price & availability The newest additions to the range include (with MSRP):
- WiZ Smart Plug (EUR 15.99)
- WiZ Motion Sensor (EUR 19.99) and WiZ Mote (EUR 14.99)
- WiZ E27/G95, incl. Wi-Fi + Bluetooth
Color: EUR 18.99
Tunable white: EUR 14.99
- WiZ E27/A67, incl.Wi-Fi + Bluetooth
Color: EUR 19.99
Tunable white: EUR 17.99
- WiZ E27/A60, incl. incl. Wi-Fi + Bluetooth
Color: EUR 15.99
Tunable white: EUR 12.99
Dimmable white: EUR 9.99
- WiZ GU10, incl. Wi-Fi + Bluetooth
Color: EUR 15.99
Tunable white: EUR 13.99
Dimmable white: EUR 10.99
- WiZ E14/C37 candle incl. Wi-Fi + Bluetooth
Color: EUR 15.99
Tunable white: EUR 12.99
Dimmable white: EUR 10.99
- WiZ Filament range E27 incl. Wi-Fi + Bluetooth
- A60 tunable white (EUR 13.99 Clear, EUR 14.99 Amber)
- G95 tunable white (EUR 15.99 Clear, EUR 16.99 Amber)
- ST64 tunable white (EUR 14.99 Clear, EUR 15.99 Amber)
- G125 tunable white (EUR 16.99 Clear, EUR 17.99 Amber)
- C35 tunable white (EUR 13.99 Clear, EUR 14.99 Amber)
- G200 tunable white (EUR 39.99 Clear, EUR 39.99 Amber)
- PS160 tunable white (EUR 39.99 Amber)
For more information, product details and specifications, please visit https://www.wizconnected.com/
1Full respect of data privacy: The account creation and sign-in process of the WiZ app is entirely anonymous, when using third party logins with Apple, Google, or Facebook accounts. All WiZ obtains is a unique ID which does not contain any personal information, in order to associate it to a WiZ Home. No personal data (such as names, mobile numbers, e-mails) is collected. WiZ never retrieves, stores, nor uses any personal information related to the providers you use for sign-in. There is no risk of hacking private data, as it is not present on the secured AWS cloud.– END–
For further information, please contact:Signify/ WiZ
Kathrin de Graaf (Global PR Manager)
Tel: + 31 650294314
About WiZ Connected
Headquartered in Hong Kong, WiZ Connected Lighting Company Limited is a lighting software solution company focused on delivering easy to use, WiFi-based smart lighting products. Owned by Signify, the world leader in lighting, WiZ serves both consumer and professional markets in 55 countries. Through the WiZ Connected OEM Partnership Program, more than 60 lighting vendors are WiZifying hundreds of lighting fixtures. Learn more about WiZ Connected and how they are transforming the lighting industry at https://wizconnected.com.
Signify (Euronext: LIGHT) is the world leader in lighting for professionals and consumers and lighting for the Internet of Things. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems and data-enabled services, deliver business value and transform life in homes, buildings and public spaces. With 2019 sales of EUR 6.2 billion, we have approximately 36,000 employees and are present in over 70 countries. We unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. We have been named Industry Leader in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for three years in a row. News from Signify is located at the Newsroom, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. Information for investors can be found on the Investor Relations page.