Senior Lighting Designer – Arup
Bristol, United Kingdom. Positions also available in Solihull, Manchester & Edinburgh.
Arup is an independent firm of designers, engineers, planners and business consultants offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
We offer a comprehensive lighting design service, from initial strategic advice and concept development through to construction documents and on-site support for all markets worldwide. Lighting at Arup brings together art, science and technology. Our team of designers create expressive, sustainable and award-winning concepts with light. We understand the interplay of structural form and lighting, and work with architects and artists to provide authentic conceptual designs. Our technical knowledge ensures that concepts become viable solutions. We also know how lighting affects people at work, at home, at school and at play. This equips us to shape solutions that are as positive for people as they are sustainable for the environment and for businesses. Arup’s commitment to sust
You will play a pivotal role in substantially increasing Arup’s already successful lighting business in the UK and abroad. You will also identify and pursue business development opportunities both within Arup and in the external market. They will be able to lead and support the bidding, design and delivery of projects on a national scale and develop the skills and experience of current and future staff in the local offices and across the UK.
The candidate will have potential to progress and become part of the Arup Lighting leadership team, contributing to our award winning practice and providing strategy for the future development of our business in the regions and beyond.
Your role will involve:
- Taking an active role in the design leadership and development of the lighting team;
- Fostering a culture of creativity, innovation and collegiality within the team;
- Being responsible for the successful delivery of projects;
- Being responsible for developing business contacts and lighting service offerings for the local offices.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree in architecture, lighting design, engineering or related relevant discipline, preferably with professional qualification(s) in Lighting;
- Proven experience in business development and successful delivery of major lighting projects;
- Lighting design experience in the UK (and to a lesser degree overseas experience) in the lighting industry is essential;
- Excellent communication and report writing skills;
- Good at planning and organising.
Reward and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits package in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.