Senior Business Development Manager Innovative Concepts – Philips
Are you able to translate innovative ideas via consumer insights into compelling business propositions in the Lighting Retail sector? The role of Senior Business Development Manager Innovative Concepts – Smart Professional Spaces might be your next challenge!
We offer you the unique opportunity to be actively involved in the decision-making process to get new Philips products/services to the market, plus the ability to work in a wide variety of business environments and geographies.
As a Senior Business Development Manager Innovative Concepts in the Smart Professional Spaces domain, your challenge will be to translate innovative ideas via consumer insights into compelling business propositions and build new product service combinations. Your focus will be on making the link between Research and the Business to ensure our innovations have a high business potential. Focus will be on connected solutions, digital propositions.
One of the challenges will be to take the right steps to enable the business parts you work with to implement these propositions successfully.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Translating strategic innovations into compelling business propositions taking into account e.g., technology readiness levels, consumer insights and market acceptance;
• Build new product service combinations cross Philips Business entities;
• Proactively engaging and challenging (senior) executives to identify and overcome challenges for Philips;
• Guiding multiple project teams (incl. senior stakeholders in the organization);
• Actively coaching, managing and developing team members;
• Facilitating strategy discussions in broader teams across businesses and functions;
• Managing relationships with (senior) executives at Philips and with external parties;
• Increasing the division’s strategic business awareness by leading people development, training plans and recruitment.
A typical project example is the identification of specific business market combination for a specific product / service addressing the questions Should we? (e.g., potential risks, potential reward, fit to our brand pillars, …) and Can we? (e.g., fit to strategy, feasibility, deliver on promise, offer in the market, …). This would include various disciplines and collaboration at various levels in the Philips organization and beyond.
The Smart Professional Spaces department is part of Research, Philips Group Innovation. The Smart Professional Spaces department leads the transformation towards digital proposition for indoor spaces round themes like Retail, Industry and Hospitals. These digital propositions target innovations to make these spaces: smart, connected, human centered, green, experiential, and social. As such the department brings together domain specific knowledge in understanding business (i.e., B2B and B2G), application/usage, technologies and information.
To achieve real thought-leadership in smart professional spaces requires good retail application know-how and usage thereof, next to understanding of the new emerging business opportunities addressing business model innovation, service innovation and novel go2market strategies. Also key is the agile lean approach of executing pilots in the market, applying proven technologies, whilst linking to the Philips business(es) and other R&D departments to secure future economy of scale (i.e., leveraging the systems & solutions). The “Data” focus in the department will allow us to gain new insights/information that will fuel all kind of new initiatives in the Smart Professional Spaces. Example projects aim to unlock new values in indoor spaces by exploring new business models built on integrating new technologies into retail infrastructure.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
• Depending on experience, a year salary (fulltime) between €76000,- and €97000,- (including personal benefits package);
• 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually;
• A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance;
• Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching;
• Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package;
• Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount;
• Healthy work-life balance.
We are looking for
A highly talented and qualified Senior Business Development Manager Innovative Concepts – Smart Professional Spaces with:
• At least a Master degree, preferably in one of the following fields (or similar): Business Administration; Innovation, Strategy and Entrepreneurship; Service Innovation; Business Economics; with an excellent track record;
• Understanding of product service combinations, e.g. in professional, lifecycle and managed services, is a must.
• At least 7 to 10 years of experience working with or within larger (SMART) retail and/or proven track record of creating significant impact in multinational organizations;
• Detailed understanding of user needs (i.e. businesses and shoppers);
• Detailed understanding of the digital world within SMART Professional Spaces;
• Knowledge/working experience with high end architecture business modeling in an international environment;
• A natural leader with the ability to reduce complexity and the gift to tackle strategic challenges;
• Published SMART retail articles on e.g. trends, visions, business landscape, etc.;
• Deep knowledge of B2B high-tech industries;
• International business experience (experience in emerging markets is a plus);
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal;
• A willingness/flexibility for business trips when required (+/- 20%).
Please upload your resume and motivation letter through the Philips career site. After a pre-selection process based on your CV (CV screening will start after the closing date) you will be invited for a telephone recruitment- face-to-face and business interviews. The interviews will take place at the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
The closing date of the posting is January 14, 2015.
This position is located at the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
Kirsten Pijls (Talent Acquisition Consultant) on +31 (0)6 52 89 04 15.