Senior Automotive Project Leader Lighting – SABIC
Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands
Are you an ambitious engineer or scientist looking for a project leader role within the automotive department of one of the world’s leading petrochemical companies? Continue reading because SABIC is currently seeking a:
(SENIOR) AUTOMOTIVE PROJECT LEADER
Bergen op Zoom, the Netherlands, fulltime
About the position
The automotive department is part of the Technology & Innovation (T&I) organization within SABIC Innovative Plastics. The purpose of this department is to develop and validate innovative solutions combining products with design and manufacturing know-how. This requires strong collaboration between all T&I Departments, and with our customers, in order to conduct complete validations based on real parts. The development of our business is also based on a common approach with contributions from Marketing, Product Management and Commercial, which enables us to develop T&I solutions that match market needs. The automotive department is a global team located in the Netherlands, US, China and India and consequently needs to develop a worldwide network with academics and industrial partners.
We are looking for (Senior) Automotive Project Leaders in Lighting.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Lead and drive technical programs from start to commercialization in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders (Technology & Innovation, Marketing, Product Management, Commercial, customers and external parties) to grow the automotive portfolio which will help achieve the SABIC 2025 vision.
- Manage all project deliverables in an integrated and multi-disciplinary approach with other T&I functions, including maintaining the project management tool up-to-date.
- Proactively communicate with project members and business stakeholders on project progress towards business goals and address potential gaps/barriers. Actively participate in project reviews and project gate reviews.
- Provide technical expertise in understanding and evaluating materials/application needs through testing and prototyping. Translate market needs into clear technical requirements.
- Scope, evaluate and screen existing solutions to help establish firm base for technical program initiation.
- Interface with intellectual property team to maintain and ensure Intellectual Property coverage in the scope of their projects.
- Follow market trends and customer needs. Propose pipeline programs to address these needs.
- Ensure activities are compliant with safety, regulatory and intellectual property requirements.
- BSc., MSc. or PhD. in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Electrical Engineering.
- 10 years’ experience in the automotive industry preferred (i.e. OEMs, suppliers or contractors).
- Knowledge of materials, preferably polymeric or composite.
- Knowledge of plastic parts design and manufacturing is an advantage.
- Significant experience in project management.
- Strong command of English language.
- Flexibility to travel within Europe.
- Willing to relocate to the Netherlands (only apply if so).
For more information and to apply, click here.