Sales Manager, Lighting Intelligence – Helvar
Northern region, UK
We are now recruiting for a Sales Manager to be an advocate for Helvar’s products to grow sales and market share through specification sales, consultative selling to M&E consultants, contractors, installers and end users.
Helvar is an international lighting technologies company, specialising in energy efficient and intelligent lighting solutions. Founded in Helsinki in 1921, we are a privately-owned Finnish company with a 90-year legacy in innovation and product development. Our Nordic values encourages everyone to participate, contribute and learn across all of our offices. Our long established and newly refurbished UK office is located in Dartford, Kent.
About the role
As Sales Manager in Lighting Intelligence at Helvar, the main focus will be on selling Helvar’s different lighting control solutions in the Northern regions. You will visit existing customers and build a personal relationship, as well as actively seeking new projects. You will ensure a simple and well-planned sales process with focus on the customer. Through networking and contacts, you will drive sales through attracting new customer groups and identifying unprocessed market, such as real estate owners.
You will be an experienced, active and truly customer-focused seller. Embracing Helvar’s approach to sales management you will report and build pipeline. As a natural people person and passionate about selling you will be out with customers 80% of the time.
Reporting to the Head of UK Sales, your main goal is to promote and sell Helvar’s complete product and service offering in Northern regions through building and upholding close relations with key stakeholders at all levels and stages of the Sales process, input info about your project progression in Helvar’s CRM system on a regular basis. You are committed to achieve set targets, and enjoy exceeding them.
- Achieve agreed individual sales and profitability targets
- Promote Helvar Lighting Intelligence solutions using consultative selling techniques
- Identify, engage and build relationships with electrical contractors, wholesalers, lighting designers, investors, contractors and tenants to build a resilient project pipeline with a key focus on large commercial offices, education and hospitality sectors
- Actively seek new projects and identify key decisions makers with the goal of increasing sales within the Northern regions
- Embrace modern sales techniques, submitting all information into our CRM system with project logs, call planning, key visit notes and quotations
- Track projects from specification to order, through all stages, with each stakeholder
- Timely communication with clients / representatives to ensure the smooth and profitable execution of lighting control projects
- Work with all project stakeholders to ensure seamless integration with any third-party services
We are looking for a core background in sales and modern sales processes, regardless of product or field. You might have started your career in IT sales or HVAC, our internal lighting experts will train you on everything you need to know about lighting controls; you will bring the sales expertise that drives the income. If you have experience in lighting controls, great, but by no means is this mandatory, we are particularly interested to hear from candidates with a HVAC, buildings systems and controls or automation industry.
- 3-5 years’ strong sales experience with a focus on technological fields such as HVAC, building management or automation industry
- Demonstrate sales and commercial experience where you have met or exceeded demanding sales targets
- Proven experience and understanding of modern sales processes with a commercial understanding of tools, margins and credit risk
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills that builds collaboration
- Self-sufficient with initiative and drive, able to prioritize and take actions
- Confident and effective communicator, handles questions adeptly with influencing skills
- Ability to effectively present and influence individuals and groups at all levels
- Ability to translate and communicate key business priorities to support the development and execution of tactical sales programs and activities
- Based in the North for travel and access to the Northern regions, with international travel when required
- Spoken and written fluency in English; an additional European language is desirable but is not essential
Our newly refurbished office is based on the South East London/Kent border in wooded greenland with easy access from central London. 35 minutes by train from London Bridge or via car on the A2 at the Dartford Heath Interchange/M25 Junction 2. Free staff shuttle bus from the station, free car park and canteen onsite.
Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
Christmas office closure
Cycle to Work scheme
Free tea and coffee
Free shuttle bus to station
Free onsite car park
- Courage to prioritize and take bold actions
- Create customer value in everything you do
- Take the initiative to collaborate for maximum value
- Prototype to be fast
- Always-On feedback
Shortlisting and interviews
Helvar is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to ensuring all applications are treated fairly. All applications are subject to our shortlisting process; so, if you’re shortlisted we will contact you and invite you to attend an interview. We’ll also tell you if there will be any skills tasks to complete as part of the recruitment process. If you don’t hear from us 2 weeks after the closing date, your application has not been successful.
+44 (0) 1322 617196