Sales Manager Czech & Slovakia – GE Lighting
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
At GE Lighting, we’re leading a global lighting revolution. In developing innovative energy-efficient lighting products, systems, and solutions for today and the future – such as world-class LED, fluorescent and ceramic metal halide light sources — GE Lighting teams around the world are dedicated to leading a global lighting revolution to deliver innovative solutions that change the way people light and think about their world. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic atmosphere working with the most talented people in the industry in an open, developmental environment with abundant opportunities to learn, grow and advance within the organization. If you’re a driven, independent problem solver who brings leadership and enthusiasm to everything you do, then join GE in creating the next generation of products that will improve the lives of consumers for generations to come. GE is committed to diversity. We aim to employ the brightest minds in the world to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles – people like you…
- Identify and establish relationship with new customers, map out and develop long-term relationships with key decision makers at major accounts in the distribution market;
- Create and implement strategy together with the customers to increase business of GE and the customers in the distribution market, prioritize a focused target list to create a pipeline of near and long-term opportunities;
- Maintain ownership of the accounts. Build relationship value and the GE Brand with the customers by continuing to mine for unmet needs and linking them to other GE Lighting Solutions or other solutions within the broad GE portfolio;
- Visit customers and deliver impactful presentations to inspire them to buy GE Lighting Solutions; clearly demonstrate the value proposition as influenced by changing legislation and new technology advancement;
- Continue to build technical skill set across the broad range of GE Lighting products to be recognized as “the lighting expert” by the customers;
- Provide feedback to other commercial functions such as Product Management, Marketing and Commercial Services to maximize penetration of customers’ marketplace;
- Understand customers’ value drivers, and illustrate the financial and intangible benefits of the GE solution (cost of ownership);
- >80% of time will be spent on customers’ sales development activities.
- Minimum 5 years of successful strategic selling experience developing and presenting “value propositions”.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent English
- Persuasive skills to influence decision-making process.
- Ability to clearly present and articulate a value proposition.
- Ability to effectively identify and qualify prospects in new market areas.
- Strong technical aptitude and proven ability to sell a technical solution.
- Working knowledge of business finance and experience selling products that require capital budgeting. Ability to quickly assess the financial willingness of a customer to undertake a project.
- Ability to develop and grow relationships at multiple levels internal and external.
- Proven ability to proficiently use Microsoft Office Suite or related tools, including Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Self-confident, creative thinker who can contribute to overall sales development strategy.
- Self-starter; ability to work with little direction and within a team environment where the performance of others affects success.
- Results-driven with a sense of urgency.