Sales Engineer – Thorlabs, Inc.
Ely, United Kingdom
Sales Engineer–Imaging Systems
Thorlabs is a broad based photonics technologies company offering an extensive array of products ranging from optical and mechanical components to integrated test and measurement systems. Thorlabs’ catalogue products are produced in manufacturing centres in the USA, Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Japan and China.
Our company has a long-standing customer base with significant growth potential and an excellent reputation for quality, customer service and dependability. It is our mission to supply the photonics market with the tools to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.
Our fast growing UK facility in Ely is looking for an accomplished Sales Representative to join the busy Sales Team, specialising in the sales of Capital Equipment Imaging Systems within the UK. This is a career opportunity in a rapidly expanding business for a sales professional with strong sales experience in the Neuroscience markets.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage sales of all Capital Equipment Imaging Systems products to the UK
- Develop relationships with existing customers and maximise revenue potential
- Identify and approach potential customers and convert enquiries from prospects into sales
- Formulate and implement strategic sales plans for products
- Collaborate with customers and provide market insight into new product development and strategy
Critical skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Significant capital sales experience within the Life Sciences Industry i.e., Cellular Biology, Neurophysiology
- Knowledge of Confocal and Two Photon Microscopy and other Imaging related fields
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal with customers at all levels
- Strong presentation skills, must be comfortable with presenting products and concepts to a large audience
- Knowledge of CRM (Customer Relationship Management) Software such as ACT
- Computer literate
- Excellent team player, to be able to communicate effectively between other Sales team members, design and service teams.
Desirable skills and knowledge:
- Previous experience with micromanipulation devices and cellular recording
- Ideally you will have attended and completed Sales training courses such as SPIN selling, etc.
If you wish to apply for this vacancy please email a copy of your CV with a covering letter to Stephanie DeLaOsa, at email@example.com
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.