Sales Director, EMEA – LIFX
LIFX is a Series A Sequoia Capital funded start-up that’s at the forefront of the Connected Devices (IoT) revolution! Simply put, LIFX has reinvented the light bulb as we know it. Visit our homepage and see the video showing the awesome capabilities of the LIFX bulb!
In order to scale the business, take advantage of market demand, and build a strong channel model for future business, it is essential for us to build a world class Sales and Marketing organization. This is a unique opportunity to build a European organization from the bottom up, starting with a few key hires, and to make a difference in our retail operations, and ultimately effecting change on a global level.
- The Sales Director, EMEA will be a driving force to build key relationships both internally and externally, contributing towards and implementing channel strategy and retail execution, ultimately building the LIFX® brand.
- The role is all encompassing and core responsibilities will include sales of LIFX® product portfolio, forecasting, presentation of product roadmap, product sales/launches within accounts, coordination of marketing activities, gaining insight into competitor activities and pricing, helping develop strategy and business plans within accounts and for the wider company, as well as managing a team to support this activity.
- The initial targets for distribution would be the key Consumer Electronics retailers; however experience with DIY and lifestyle retail is an advantage.
Background and Qualifications
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience.
- Successful management of Sales and Channel activities for a key Consumer Electronics manufacturer across EMEA.
- Experience scaling a business and working in a rapidly evolving environment, where growing a sales channel and implementing process in tandem defines success.
- Previous experience in senior management capacity, building and running a sales team; experience managing a multiple-site based team preferred.
- Proven track record of personally structuring, negotiating and closing campaigns with large national and international customers.
- Deep understanding of the value add of a Distribution Channel at an early stage, and how to drive value out of said channel is imperative.
This is a great opportunity to join a company with huge upside! LIFX originally launched in Nov. 2012 on KickStarter raising a record breaking $1.3M in just 6 days, against a target of $100K, making us one of the fastest and best funded start-up projects ever. Don’t miss this chance to help take us to the next level and beyond!