R&D Project Manager – Thorn
As R&D Project Manager for our brand Thorn located in Amsterdam you will play a dynamic role in our global team. In this role, you will lead projects related with new product development, business development and customer-focused innovation. You will be part of the Research and Development team of about 70 people, mostly based in the Netherlands, UK, France and China, both for indoor and outdoor lighting.
Among other related activities, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- You will lead luminaire development projects in close cooperation with international development partners – ranging from the original product idea through to the industrialized serial product.
- You will be responsible for the management of development projects for new products in line with the business centres’ product development planning. This includes monitoring measures and reports on business development and plans, with agreed formats and timescales, to achieve the objectives of the business. You will identify project complexity and dichotomies, perform comprehensive risk assessments ensuring that potential ‘road blocks’ are anticipated and risks fully mitigated as early as possible within the project life cycle. Moreover you’ll ensure a concurrent development approach progressing contingency plans in parallel where necessary to maintain the overall plan in the event ‘plan A’ proves unsuccessful.
- You will effectively and efficiently manage all aspects of an interdisciplinary project and monitor it according to a project controlling and reporting system.
- As a member of a small team you live up to a culture of customer focused innovation driven project management through continuous organisational development. In addition to that you’ll address the subject of continuous improvement within the design and development environment and project management environment constantly striving for ways of improving efficiency, and competence.
- Across our brands, you will work closely together with Product Marketing, external and internal technical departments.
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- You have completed a relevant higher degree at university preferably in Electrical/Electronics/Design/Product Development.
- You are experienced in the field of lighting, electronics and/or mechanical engineering combined with strong theoretical background (project management and business administration), including proven results in highly technical projects.
- Moreover, we can rely on, your fluent English skills as well as your great communication and presentation abilities.
- Creativity, flexibility as well as the willingness to travel complete your convincing profile
You are interested in joining an international company with a challenging range of tasks? We are looking forward to receiving your online application.