Product Engineer – CREE
We currently have a vacancy for a Product Engineer in our Lighting Manufacturing group in Florence, Italy.
Cree is looking for a self-motivated, hands-on Product Engineer for its Technical Support group into Operations to lead engineering products. Manages production support engineering for a specific product or group of products after transfer from design to high volume production. Interfaces with design, process, test and reliability engineering to solve problems. Sustains products with cost reduction and yield improvements. This position will work within cross functional groups including Product Design, Manufacturing, Quality and Sales & Marketing.
A successful candidate will be a resourceful problem solver who is able to work around technical obstacles and will be adept at the implementation of practical solutions.
- Engineering of products with the aim to facilitate their assembly and saving costs.
- BoM development and maintenance.
- Assembly instructions development and maintenance.
- Handle special products required by the customer (eg .: design of mounting brackets) suggesting and implementing the best technical solution.
- BS in an Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Skilled in the resources management.
- 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience in product development and implementation.
- Ability to work independently and be self-sufficient while managing multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with strong personal work ethic. Must have a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Willing to travel – both domestic and international.
- Knowledge of 3D modeling programs (SolidWorks, Solid Edge, etc.).
- Fluent English.
- MS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Design level experience with lighting and/or lighting systems.
- Experience with LED lighting products a plus.
For more information, click here.