Osram Predicts Strong Growth in LiDAR – Invests in LeddarTech Inc.
OSRAM delivers solid Q3, continues to execute growth strategy.
Third quarter highlights
- Revenue of €1,056m; comp. growth at 3.2%, excluding pre-buying effects at estimated 8.5%
- Solid adjusted EBITDA margin of 16.4%
- Positive free cash flow despite increased capital expenditures
Osram invests in LiDAR expert LeddarTech Inc.
- Osram has acquired a strategic 25.1 percent share in LeddarTech Inc.
- The Canadian company develops a proprietary LiDAR technology integrated into semiconductors and sensor modules for self-driving cars and driver assistance systems
- The Investment strengthens Osram’s position in the autonomous driving sector
“OSRAM continued its positive business development in the third quarter, delivering very good growth and solid profitability. The biggest growth drivers remain to be our innovative, high-tech products – especially at Opto Semiconductors. In light of the ongoing strong results we confirm our outlook for FY17. With the investment in LeddarTech, we further strengthen our position in the future market of automotive LIDAR and autonomous driving.”
LIDAR market growth potential of approx. CAGR 35% until 2026.
View the full report osram-2017-q3-earnings-release