Optical Design Engineer – Zumtobel
As Optical Design Engineer you will play a dynamic role in our global R&D team located in our office in Amsterdam. You will be working in close cooperation with your R&D colleagues around the globe as well as our group of optical designers worldwide.
Among other related activities, you will be involved in the following tasks:
- After a profound integration phase which also includes detailed and extensive training on our inhouse optical software tools you will be developing optical systems for luminaires (new standard and special products) and perform optical simulations including visual testing of samples.
- Validation and analysing data from simulation and photometric measurements corresponding to the different fields of application in lighting will also be in your area of responsibility
- Together with your colleagues, you will professionally develop optical specifications for new products; this also includes documentation and maintenance of optical data in product data bases.
- Due to your strong optical background you will act as consultant on optical topics for your sales colleagues, product managers and engineers.
- In correspondence with our Research & Development department and local colleagues you will assist in the specification and further development of our optical software tools.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You have completed a relevant degree at a technical university focusing on lighting, lighting design, optics or physics (photonics)
- Beyond that, you have at least two years of experience in field of optics for lighting
- Moreover, we can rely on your good knowledge in 3D CAD programs (AutoCAD, SOLID works, PRO/E) as well as optical design-, optimisation- and simulation tools.
- Your fluent English skills, creativity, flexibility as well as the willingness to travel complete your convincing profile.
Interested? For more information please follow the link to our website: