Operations Director – Eaton
Plans, directs and drive’s Eaton’s Lighting and Safety Operations in Doncaster. This includes functional responsibility for Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Customer Service, EHS, Supply Chain, Warehouse and Distribution. The position is a management team role and covers both strategic and tactical responsibility for our manufacturing site based in Doncaster with a total turnover of £55m.
The position reports to the Managing Director of the Lighting and Safety Business with functional reporting to the Operations Director of the EMEA Safety Division Management Team. The role requires the ability to formulate and drive the operational strategy whilst developing and exceeding the operational and financial metrics of the business. The role interfaces directly with customers and suppliers and participates at a senior level in the strategic management of the business.
- Provides leadership, coordination and coaching to the operational team enabling them to achieve the operational and financial metrics of the organization.
- Drives and develops Environment, Health and Safety processes and procedures within the organization implementing a behavioral approach to safety and a zero tolerance culture.
- Implements a customer focused operational culture delivering world class customer service levels, and providing a customer facing “easy to do business with” customer service function
- Contributes to the development and deployment of the mains lighting and emergency business strategies.
- Co-ordinates activities of the team to optimize cost performance of the plant through capital investment programs, optimizing operating working capital usage and minimizing waste through the development of a continuous improvement culture encompassing lean principles and clear strategic development.
- Interacts closely with the EMEA operations team and the wider Eaton organization in delivering on divisional performance and key strategic projects.
- Provides design for manufacturing input at early stages in the New Product Development process coordinating with New Product Development Team to implement new and revised designs through developing effective processes to optimize cost and quality.
- Prior experience in and possessing a deep understanding of operational management and leadership in a high SKU, volatile electrical manufacturing environment.
- Strong continuous improvement background focusing on lean and six sigma tools and techniques.
- Experience and detailed understanding is required of supply chain and manufacturing systems particularly SIOP, pull systems, visual management, materials control.
- Proven track record of building organisational capability and talent through effective recruiting, training, coaching, development and optimising organisational design.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Business acumen with financial skills, especially cost center management and business case analysis and development.
- Senior executive communication and presentation skills, comfortable with public speaking and presenting.
- Strong customer facing interpersonal skills covering both UK and international cultures. Should also be able to pro-actively drive effective relationships with Eaton sales teams
- An Engineering degree complemented with an MBA or equivalent is preferred.
- Excellent English language skills are expected
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
- Culture & Values – Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
- Inclusion & Diversity – Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully.