Lighting Specialist/Designer – British Gas
Oxford, United Kingdom
Lighting Specialist/Designer – Energy Performance Contracting
British Gas are seeking a Lighting Specialist/Designer to provide vital lighting expertise in support of various current and potential Energy Performance Contracts across the UK from conception though implementation and operation. The successful applicant will carry out opportunity assessments – identifying lighting related energy conservation measures in a retrofit environment and calculate savings and associated implementation costs that are accurate and can be guaranteed and demonstrated.
- Salary – £35-45k depending on experience
- Location – Oxford, with national travel
Lighting Specialist/Designer – The Role
- As a lighting specialist / designer within Energy Performance Contracting you will use your extensive lighting knowledge to identify, select and develop innovative lighting based energy conservation measures. You will follow the measures from identification through delivery and on-going operation. ·
- You will audit client sites (both physical and desktop via analysis of consumption data) and identify opportunities for specific lighting related energy saving measures and low carbon technologies – using standard documentation and creating bespoke performance specifications / design briefs to pull together compelling and accurate site specific costs and savings that British Gas can performance guarantee to their customer.
- The energy saving measures will need to be innovative, deliverable, cost-able, guarantee-able, wholly suitable to the site, reflect any changes in legislation & technology and calculated and presented in a transparent and audit-able manner.
- In addition you will liaise with contracted specialists; Develop relationships at operational and Middle Management with our clients; Influence procurement decisions; Provide specialist technical insight to the construction / delivery teams; The creation, review and approval of design documentation; Attend customer insight sessions and Joint Working Groups; Provide pre-qualification, audit and technical support to sales team; Ensure procedures are adhered to and output is delivered on time to the highest quality and safety; Attend contract, site and staff meetings; Keep up to date with changes to legislation, best practice and new technologies.
Desired Skills and Experience
Lighting Specialist/Designer – The Person
- Experienced in identifying and developing lighting energy saving opportunities and calculating savings, implementation costs and the return on investment.
- Experienced in preparing design briefs and performance specifications.
- Evidence of a building services/ lighting industry background.
- An excellent knowledge of all aspects of the operation, design, specification and implementation of lighting with a thorough understanding of energy saving principles and best practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and technical and report writing skills.
- Commercial awareness
- Proactive approach to dealing with clients, suppliers, partners and colleagues.
- The ability to provide and deliver sound technical specialist input both internally and externally to all levels.
- Strong problem solving skills that provide flexible and well considered solutions.
- Take pride in and ownership of everything you do and indicate a self motivated “can do” attitude.
Lighting Specialist/Designer – The Company
British Gas Business Services (BGBS) help thousands of organisations and businesses across the UK understand how they use their energy. With a team of over 2500 people dedicated to supporting organisations in reducing their energy consumption, we can make energy more affordable for our customers. This includes a unique portfolio of capabilities from renewable technologies to building management systems and energy performance partnerships.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE and upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button online.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update Required: Lighting Specialist/Designer (BG11005) in the subject title.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.