Lighting Designer – GE
Working alongside a senior designer, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical lighting design support across the UK region. The focus will be supporting UK region, but this does not preclude the possibility of working on major projects anywhere in the EMEA region.
• Design and develop detailed lighting schemes to support sales of solutions in the region. This would primarily cover projects in area of retail, hospitality, street lighting, sports lighting, industrial and commercial interiors.
• Manage and follow up design with Senior Designer initially and develop designs with input from application engineers / sales team / customers during the project.
• Preparation/presentation of lighting design presentations for clients.
• Support lighting payback calculations (ROI) on a project by project basis in order to meet customer expectations.
• Work / apply applications design software to produce lighting designs that meet industry standards and customer specifications.
• Relevant industry qualifications in Lighting Design disciplines i.e. L.I.F
• Some working/practical experience of delivering lighting design projects
• Skilled in Autocad (Drawing manipulation and output) is essential
• Knowledge of lighting design software. Ideally fully conversant with AGI32, Dialux & Relux software
• Knowledge of industry organizations and understanding of standards influencing industry designs
• Knowledge of International lighting and photometric standards
• Able to understand and communicate technical and commercial data to sales teams and customers
• PC literate (MS Word, Excel, Power-point, MSX/ Outlook)
• Fluency English
• Desire/drive to improve knowledge and skills
• Organized, attentive to detail
• Good communicator in both written and spoken English
• Understanding of the use of Photoshop is an advantage but not essential
Visit www.JoinGELighting.com to learn more about being part of the GE Lighting team.