Lighting Designer – GE Lighting
At GE Lighting , we’re leading a global lighting revolution. In developing innovative energy-efficient lighting products, systems, and solutions for today and the future – such as world-class LED, fluorescent and ceramic metal halide light sources — GE Lighting teams around the world are dedicated to leading a global lighting revolution to deliver innovative solutions that change the way people light and think about their world. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic atmosphere working with the most talented people in the industry in an open, developmental environment with abundant opportunities to learn, grow and advance within the organization. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. If you’re a driven, independent problem solver who brings leadership and enthusiasm to everything you do, then join GE in creating the next generation of products that will improve the lives of consumers for generations to come. Visit www.JoinGELighting.com to learn more about being part of the GE Lighting team.
• Design and develop detailed lighting schemes to support sales of solutions. This will primarily cover indoor projects such as retail shops, hotels, sports lighting, flood lighting, industrial and commercial interiors.
• Work / apply applications design software to produce lighting designs mainly for street lighting that meet industry standards and customer specifications.
• Manage and follow up design with Senior Designer and develop designs with input from application engineers / sales team / customers during the project.
• Be knowledgeable and able to apply relevant industry and segment guidelines, standards and regulatory trends and be able to translate these to the commercial team.
• Collaboration on product and projects presentation to end users, specifiers, partners (ESCOs), engineers and architectural offices, municipalities and local governments.
• Interact with the stakeholders to ensure the lighting effect meets the customers and regulatory requirements.
• Implement design changes (if required).
• Support lighting payback calculations (ROI) on a project by project basis in order to meet customer expectations.
• Travel to client locations to educate, direct and coordinate design of lit spaces.
• Relevant industry qualifications in Lighting Design disciplines.
• Working/practical experience of delivering lighting design projects.
• Knowledge of lighting design software, fully conversant with AGI32 & Dialux software.
• Knowledge of industry organizations and understanding of standards influencing industry designs.
• Understanding of the use of Photoshop is an advantage but not essential.
• Knowledge of International lighting and photometric standards.
• Able to understand and communicate technical and commercial data to sales teams and customers.
• PC literate (MS Word, Excel, Power-point, MSX/ Outlook).
• Fluency English.
• Skilled in Autocad (Drawing manipulation and output) is essential.
• Desire/drive to improve knowledge and skills.
• Organized, attentive to details.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website