Lighting Designer - Cascade Holdings
About the Job
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lighting Designer to work within our expanding Design Team. Cascade Holdings is a unique supplier of decorative home lighting in the UK, some of our customers include, BHS, B&Q, Sainsbury’s and Homebase. Our company is a forward thinker in the industry with promising plans for the future.
As a Lighting Designer your main responsibilities are:
- Have good sketching skills to enable you to communicate designs with factories and customers alike.
- Be able to quickly generate concept/presentation boards for customers by hand and using Illustrator/Photoshop packages.
- Good eye for colour, fabric’s and pattern.
- Keeping up to date with the competition / trends / new techniques, is a must.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft packages.
- Working within the development department as a whole from initial ideas right through to quotation to customer.
- Managing key account development from briefing to quotation through to sample and pre production critiques.
- Putting together ranges from customer trend boards and style.
- Arranging product in the showroom for all customer meetings.
- Generating pattern work for shades
This role is an excellent opportunity for either an existing designer within a related product area or a talented graduate designer in 3D design with an aptitude and interest for fashion, colour and home textiles. Whilst this is not just specifically a 3D design role, we are interested in candidates who can demonstrate a proactive and flexible approach to lighting design.
You will be meticulous and with strong attention to detail, but at the same time confident at working in a very busy environment. You will have excellent organisational and strong communication skills, being able to work to tight deadlines and be self motivated.
If interested please apply here. Those who have contacted us previously, please re-apply if you are still interested.
There will be some element of travel within the role.
Salary Negotiable on Experience