Lighting Application Engineer – Lumenpulse
London, United Kingdom
Located in our EMEA office in London and reporting to the Executive Vice-President of Sales Operations, Lumenpulse is seeking an Application Engineer (AE) that actively supports the implementation of the company’s sales strategy and objectives. The candidate is responsible for developing project concepts to a workable solution and assisting the sales team in their endeavours. Furthermore, the AE is required to prepare bills of materials, produce schematic wiring diagrams, and lighting calculations. The AE will also deal with daily technical enquiries from our partners across the international region. Some international travel may be required for onsite project coordination and trouble shooting.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Provide technical support for Lumenpulse projects via email, phone or in person
- Works with our customers and our Sales Representatives to understand the requirements of projects thereby providing the appropriate technical and application support to ensure all objectives are met.
- Offers technical assistance and application guidance to the customer from project pre-design and specification through installation and follow-up
- Acts as a liaison between customers, members of the sales team, as well as other Lumenpulse departments to ensure the project is well managed and coordinated
- Installation or integration for mock-ups, product demos, or project reviews
- Manage relationships with onsite integration teams
- Make commercial decisions regarding project implementation
- Manage record keeping and project documentation for all work performed onsite or offsite in accordance with company systems and organization
- Work along Inside Sales staff to assist in the preparation and delivery of detailed proposal / quotation packages
- Provide project design assistance through photometric studies, fixture recommendations utilizing expert opinion on Lumenpulse products
- Ensures each project is registered in company’s computer system and documents are complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Provide product and project feedback through appropriate channels to encourage process improvement throughout company
- Participate in regular project status meetings ensuring that the sales team and Applications Engineering Manager is well informed of project status.
- Participate in technical and manufacturing coordination on large scale projects
- Provide post sales technical support services whenever needed.
- Conduct project post mortems and create recommendations
- Recognize areas for process improvement and develop plans for implementation
- Take charge, upon request, of certain special projects.
- R&D, specify and test new 3rdparty solutions as required
- Represent Lumenpulse company vision and values in supporting quality lighting applications and successful projects
Qualifications / Required Skills
- AutoCAD training and experience
- DIALux and/or Relux training and experience
- Strong knowledge and experience of lighting specification support
- Project management and coordination skills
- Knowledge of Lighting control systems, including DMX
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Excellent English language skills
Key Performance Indicators
- International sales turnover
- Accurate project specification and delivery
- Annual objectives as stated in appraisal