Integral Project Leader Connected Lighting – Philips
Are you able to run global multidisplinairy projects and deal with outsourced (third party) parts? Can you ensure that all hardware and software system components – either developed in-house or from outside suppliers are delivered according to the requirements and quality standards, on time?
- As an IPL you will execute one or more of the projects within the scope of one or more programs.
- For that, the IPL works in an integral way to bring new propositions to the market. These propositions may include so called solutions in a box (like Hue, a lamp and bridge and other hardware components) accompanied by software components, or business opportunities that are collaborations with third party companies, and hence expand the potential of the Hue ecosystem.
- Integral project management includes the collaboration with (technical) project leaders and development teams and potential outside parties, until the release of a set of products, package, apps etc. that constitute the proposition.
- For this the IPL formulates the integral system project plan, defines the risks of the project (w.r.t. specs, costs, planning, etc.) and develops scenarios to overcome these risks. Executes overall system risk analysis.
- Specifies (with sub project leaders) the resources to be used, the staffing of the project and the anticipated costs.
- Organizes the project and arranges the management activities in terms of quality, time, money, information, and organization.
- Directs employees and gives them operational guidance, both technically and organizationally (where necessary, directs (sub) project leaders).
- The IPL supports the Head of Technology and Program Managers by delivering input for roadmaps and program definition, when related to the IPL’s projects.
- Reports on employees’ performance to the hierarchical superior of the employees for the purpose of appraisal and makes proposals for training the project members when shortcomings are observed.
- Is responsible for implementation and realization according to the project plan (specification, quality, time, money, information, and organization).
- Reports on the progress of the project with an agreed frequency on quality, status, time, and money to senior management and to the project members. Ensures that there is an effective transfer and archiving of the project results and the associated knowledge. Looks after the management of the project results.
The Connected lighting team within Philips Lighting LS&E is tasked with innovation and go to market of new connected lighting systems – and as such an integral part of realizing the move towards systems and solutions. The first connected lamp system was launched on Oct 1st 2012. The R&D team is located in Eindhoven NL, Shanghai (CHN) and Bangalore (IND). The R&D team is responsible for mid and long term innovation funnel, Connected System development and maintenance of the system.
This job resides in the Hue Project team. Hue is a complex system of many components, principally smartphone apps, light sources, a bridge and a portal. The hue system will continue to evolve driven by new internal development, external developments in its ecosystem (app and hardware development), evolution of standards and the expansion of the system to new segments/markets/channels.
The hue Integral Project Leader for propositions will get the assignment from the hue head of development and head of marketing and work closely with product and marketing manager, other project leaders and system architects to drive forward, shape and bring to market new propositions that will be part of the broader hue ecosystem.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Depending on experience, a year salary (fulltime) between €65000,-and €83000,- (including personal benefits package)
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
We are looking for
- Master Degree in a relevant technical field
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience with integral project management and integral projects dealing with systems, various SW and HW components, (Product) Marketing, Supply Chain, Procurement and Quality.
- Solid understanding and experience with Stage Gate Development processes and/or agile/scrum based development.
- Experience with (outsourced) manufacturing and its release process preferred.
- Technical understanding and experience in SW component development, or SW heavy components is preferred.
- Knowledge of project management methods, costs estimation techniques, etc.
- Energetic, ambitious personality
- Excellent coaching skills required.
- Leadership skills required: excels at drive for results, leverage capabilities, inspire commitment.
Robin Smeets, Talent Acquisition Consultant, +31611386567.
If you’re interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume and motivation letter through the Philips career site- vacancy number 129531.
Please note that the closing date of this vacancy is 27-10-2014.
After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for a face-to-face recruitment- and business interviews.