Hardware Architect Connected Lighting – Brunel
Are you the Hardware Architect who likes to be responsible for the hardware platform of connected lighting propositions (incl. analog and digital electronics, LED light sources, wireless connectivity, mechanics and optics)? You want to work on projects which have a long-term character with short term impact, are complex and are divided in several sub-projects for the creation of subsystems and components? This is an opportunity where you will be responsible to define and evolve the connected lighting platform for the World’s leader in lighting.
You will work in a project-based organization under high pace circumstances. We challenge you to be at the forefront of our drive to transform technological advances into meaningful results!Job
Your primary focus is the definition, development and evolution of the connected lighting hardware platform. You co-operate with product marketing to define requirements for future products, use cases and propositions. Together with the system architects, software architects and other experts in the team, you translate this into a platform solution, which considers future technology evolutions and allows the required variety of product realizations. You develop the subsystems and test methods for the platform. Moreover, your counterparts are system and hardware architects responsible for the short term systems and products, which you support in adoption of the platform.
Your key responsibilities are to:
• Develop the long-term hardware platforms for connected lighting on which we base our lamps and modules, including analog and digital electronics, LED light sources, wireless connectivity, mechanics and optics;
• Define the platform architecture in modular, easy-to-maintain and extendible subsystems making use of existing subsystems as much as possible;
• Develop test methods for the products developed from the platform;
• Determine the required HW/SW interfaces in close co-operation with software and system experts;
• Support the development teams with product implementation using the platform;
• Advise on internal development or outsourcingRequirements
• Masters or PhD degree in relevant engineering (e.g. electronics, physics, or electrical engineering) and wide experience in system design, development and hardware architecture;
• Around 10 years of working experience and a proven track record in design, modelling and product industrialization of electronic circuits for wireless communications, LED lighting, sensors and/or power electronics;
• Experience in hardware architecting, involving the exploration of trade-offs in sub-system performance and cost, in order to achieve an optimum fit at system level;
• Lateral thinker with helicopter view, capable of finding an appropriate solution to complex problems and able to look, realistically, beyond the well-trodden paths;
• A strong team playing attitude, expressed in taking the lead where appropriate, building on each other’s strengths and working in a cooperative way.
Brunel offers outstanding individuals a highly diverse and challenging job opportunity in a company where an open, professional and pleasant working culture is greatly valued; where your personal initiatives will be noticed and rewarded; and where you will receive all the support, coaching and training you need for your future career. This is your opportunity to discover a wide range of sectors and activities and develop your expertise in a fast-moving and results-oriented environment.
Being intermediated by Brunel means that you are contracted by Brunel. Not only you will have a contract, you will as well be assured of a great career! Our primary and secondary terms of work are excellent. A few examples are price reductions at CZ Health Insurance, bonus opportunities and standard 26 days off.
Brunel Engineering intermediates both junior and senior engineers within the industry for over 30 years now. Our clients vary from multinationals to local companies. Together we will find the job which meets your wishes.
About the organization
This job resides in the LED Platform Development organization of the business group Light Sources and Electronics of Philips Lighting. LED Platform development strives to convert new disruptive technologies such as Solid State Lighting into novel product concepts and system solutions. We are end-user driven and work in an open innovation setting.
The Hardware Architect Connected Lighting reports directly into the group leader Digital Systems and will be part of a growing team of driven system and solution experts.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy or the application procedure in general,
please contact Ron Huys on telephone number +31 40 257 8209.