Global Component Specialist LED Components – Philips
Your challenge will be to coordinate and lead all technological aspects of the component release process applied for LED components used in products of Philips Lighting.
- Responsible within Philips Lighting for all technical information about components and its related processes and leads technical discussions, for instance about decisions concerning the applicability, safety and the release status of the Mechanics. If required, he/she assigns the conduction of the necessary (component) tests: by the supplier, or by the Global Component Testing Group, or by others.
- Is as Specialist owner of the component know how in the Business Group (BG) and thus represents the BG as technical spokesman to suppliers, to partners and to customers of Philips Lighting.
- Has the Component Specialist Role in Global Component Working Teams and carries out technological scouting for, and auditing of, new suppliers.
- Leads at Global level the technological release of components, this in close cooperation with the Category C.E.’s. Owns the content of the qualification report and issues such reports.
- Is responsible that in Lighting all Categories product development engineers are timely made aware of any usage of safety components and how these components are used fully in line with the BG guidelines.
- Initiates, owns and edits the safety reports made for safety components used in products of Lighting
- Is responsible for an up-to-date content and proper usage of the Philips component Database and, in view of design for quality, is owner of the statistical data of his/her components (which are to be generated and maintained by the Incoming Quality Inspections in the Categories).
- Is responsible for Lighting to explore and benchmark continuously the technical opportunities of components to be used by Lighting in future or being used by our competition.
- Conducts technical audits and validation of (new) suppliers and reports the supplier technology release status.
- Is responsible for the contents and the maintenance of the qualification method and procedure for components.
- Is responsible for the processes and content of the Philips component database related to environmental aspects.
- Is responsible for the definition and content for the communication with suppliers related to environmental aspects.
LEDs are challenging existing lighting solutions based on conventional light sources and are therefore considered a ‘disruptive technology’. The Category Led Systems (LS) is a recently established group within Philips Lighting Systems and Electronics : following our ambition to become the leader in the emerging Solid State Lighting market, LS focuses on the development and introduction of new LED lighting solutions. Our aim is to add sustainable value to the development of products for OEM and end-users. LS has limited in-house production and works with outsourcing partners for assembly. The (sub-)components can initially be purchased from suppliers or developed together with a supplier.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Depending on experience, a year salary (full time) between € 64.000 and € 82.000 (including personal benefits package)
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
We are looking for
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (preferably in Physics or Electronics)
- Around five years of experience in Electronic Product Development
- Around five years of experience in Component Engineering or Component Technology
- Experienced with Component tools(statistical, de-rating, lifetime, thermal, electrical)
- Fluency in English (verbal and written)
If you have any remaining questions regarding this vacancy, please do not hesitate to contact Roel Schneiders at tel +31652751742.
If you are interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume and motivation letter through the Philips career site– vacancy number 058331.
Please note that the closing date of this vacancy is 26-01-2014.
After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for a face-to-face recruitment and business interview.