Field Applications Engineer – Cree
CREE – Field Applications Engineer.
Cree is a market-leading innovator of lighting products, LED components, and semiconductor products for power and radio-frequency (RF) applications.
We currently have a need for a Field Applications Engineer within our Power Field Sales group located at our European office in Munich, Germany. If you’re an experienced professional who is dedicated to advancing yourself and the organization you work for, then we invite you to read on.
The Field Application Engineer provides technical support to customers, convinces customers to use SiC power devices in designs, and converts opportunities into design wins.
- Work with Sales account manager to aggressively win designs and grow revenue.
- Qualify opportunity and determine if there is a fit for SiC power device.
- Pre-sales support to convince customer of SiC system benefits and selling SiC’s value.
- Support the customer through the design cycle from sample, prototype, pilot, pre-production, to production with hardware debug, system level knowledge.
- Sufficient technical knowledge to support field requests with minimal factory support.
- Manage and train distribution FAEs.
- Communicate effectively with factory for technical requests.
- Provide customer feedback, application trends to Marketing for new product development.
- B.S. Electrical Engineering or similar with 3-5 yrs semiconductor FAE experience or similar work in an application laboratory.
- Ability to communicate with customer application engineers on system level
- Own design experience as development engineer
- Experience in failure debugging
- Understanding impact of EMI testing requirement, gate drive issues, bus bar design, parasitic, module concepts.
- Ability to travel frequently to customers to give onsite support
- Fluent communication skills in English. German or Italian language skills are a plus.
- M.S. Electrical Engineering with 5-15yrs semiconductor FAE experience.
- Experience related to customer support in high power applications (1kW-100kW).