Field Application Engineer – Cree
We currently have an opening for a Field Application Engineer within our Power Sales group. This position will be stationed at our European headquarters facility in Munich – Unterschleissheim, Germany.
The Field Application Engineer provides technical support to customers, convinces customers to use SiC power devices in designs, and converts opportunities into design wins in EMEA.
- Work with Sales account manager to aggressively win designs and grow revenue.
- Qualify opportunity and determine if there is a fit for SiC power device.
- Pre-sales support to convince customer of SiC system benefits and selling SiC’s value.
- After Sales support with Quality support and design optimization at customer side
- Support the customer through the design cycle from sample, prototype, pilot, pre-production, to production with hardware debug, system level knowledge.
- Sufficient technical knowledge to support field requests with minimal factory support.
- Manage and train distribution FAEs.
- Communicate effectively with factory for technical requests.
- Provide customer feedback, application trends to Marketing for new product development.
- B.Sc. Electrical Engineering or similar with 3-5 yrs semiconductor FAE experience or similar work in an application laboratory.
- Ability to communicate with customer application engineers on system level
- Own design experience as development engineer
- Set up of demo boards to verify circuits of customers in own lab
- PCB Layout experienced and knowledge of simulation Tools LTSpice or similar
- Experience in failure debugging
- Understanding impact of EMI testing requirement, gate drive issues, bus bar design, parasitic, module concepts…..
- Ability to travel frequently to customers to give onsite support
- Fluent communication skills in English. German or Italian language skills are a plus.
- M.Sc. Electrical Engineering with 5-15yrs semiconductor FAE experience.
- Experience related to customer support in high power applications (1kW-100kW, 600V to 1700V).