Director of Operations – Lumenpulse
Director of Operations
Alpha Led was recently acquired in July 2014 by Lumenpulse in Montreal, Canada. We are a pure LED manufacture of Luminaires and are looking to expand our operation with further acquisitions and by designing and developing new product ranges, required in the market.
One of the main reasons our business has become so successful is due to the service, quality, professionalism and understanding of the industry. We offer a friendly and efficient place to work with a company that is rapidly becoming one of the fastest growing lighting companies, globally.
The Director of Operations leads a team of operations / plant managers ensuring objectives are clearly understood and service level agreements, quality standards, and other performance indicators are achieved. Working with the team, he/she is responsible for developing and implementing continuous improvement mechanisms and LEAN disciplines which will minimize both production costs and waste while maximising production outputs. The Director of Operations, assigns ownership of responsibilities to the team, monitors and manages performance, and is familiar with all aspects of coaching and employee development.
You will be required to liaise with Operations in Canada with an aim to manufacture the same products in two factories identically. Whilst offering full support to the UK team with new products or techniques.
Spotlight on Your New Challenge
- Develop and deploy a strategic manufacturing plan that includes manufacturing site capacity planning, Lean Sigma, quality control, customer that is aligned with the overall business strategy and operative objectives
- Defines and prioritizes strategies to meet customer needs and achieve corporate priorities
- Cultivates a continuous improvement and lean manufacturing culture across the market area
- Set and manage production budget
- Oversee the maximisation and efficiency of the assembly lines and ensure the effective employment utilisation
- Provide leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development
- Provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate fast improvements and improved working relationships
- Assesses and evaluates on-going production processes and develops implementation strategies for ongoing changes that meet sales objectives and improve efficiencies and cost effectiveness.
- Monitors key performance indicators (KPIs) and other metrics to manage and improve business operations.
- Holds regular operational review meetings with key market area personnel to ensure timely progress and efficient coordination of significant projects
- Direct the activities of the Supply Chain Management and Purchasing teams
- Develop Inventory policies to support working capital objectives
- Partner with sales team to discuss and set scheduling timelines for product delivery
- Defines and prioritises strategies to meet customer needs
- Partner and collaborate with the engineering team to assist in the creation release and implementation of New Product Introductions
- Support our company “Quality Policy” to meet or exceed our customer requirements.
- Sets and maintains high safety standards across the plant area ensuring proper accountabilities and implementing processes to eliminate unsafe work practices while producing high quality luminaires.
- Ensure compliance with Company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, legislative safety guidelines, safety, and complete and on-time delivery at the lowest possible cost.
Your Profile Highlighted
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline. (a bachelor’s degree in manufacturing, engineering or business administration)
- Operations or related field experience is essential
- Supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of multiple assembly techniques.
Qualifications & Skills Required
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Planning and organising
- Co-ordination and control
- Communication skills
- Influencing and leading
- Experience in implementing best practices in operations, quality systems, and health & safety Change management, business transformation experience