Business Development Manager, Retail Lighting – GE Lighting
At GE Lighting, we’re leading a global lighting revolution. In developing innovative energy-efficient lighting products, systems, and solutions for today and the future – such as world-class LED, fluorescent and ceramic metal halide light sources — GE Lighting teams around the world are dedicated to leading a global lighting revolution to deliver innovative solutions that change the way people light and think about their world. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic atmosphere working with the most talented people in the industry in an open, developmental environment with abundant opportunities to learn, grow and advance within the organization. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. If you’re a driven, independent problem solver who brings leadership and enthusiasm to everything you do, then join GE in creating the next generation of products that will improve the lives of consumers for generations to come. Visit www.JoinGELighting.com to learn more about being part of the GE Lighting team.
Location; Madrid/Barcelona, Spain
Leverage GE Lighting’s solution-based value proposition to successfully win and retain sustainable and profitable business within the retail market. This consultative role specifically targets retail end users and influencers with LED solutions, providing customers with relevant and attractive commercial proposals.
- Proactively identify, win and retain sustainable and profitable business with targeted retail end users and influencers.
- Develop and implement customer-specific sales strategies to ensure customer needs are translated into viable and successful commercial proposals.
- Identify prospects and reinforce GE’s value proposition through networking events during and out of business hours.
- Proven analytical skills, able to understand the business dynamics, strategy and potential of various types of our customers.
- 5/10 years of experience working through the project development process.
- Persuasive skills to influence decision-making process; Ability to clearly present and articulate a value proposition.
- Tenacious approach along with a self motivated attitude and ability to perform well under pressure and deliver results.
- Enthusiastic and ambitious individual with a flexible approach to work, willing to be part of a well established team.
- Confident, shows optimistic ’can do’ attitude and expresses strong belief in own ability to succeed.
- Strong presentation skills with ability to deliver the required message to the relevant audience.
- EU work permit.
Qualifications: University Degree from accredited university or equivalent with Business/Commercial discipline.
Competencies: Proven track record of being able to grow business.
Madrid is preferred location for this position however Barcelona may also be considered.
GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.