Automotive Technology Engineer Lighting – SABIC
Automotive Technology Engineer Lighting
SABIC – Rotterdam Area, Netherlands
The Automotive Department is part of Technology & Innovation (T&I) organization within SABIC Innovative Plastics. The Automotive Department is a global team located in the Netherlands, US, China and India and needs consequently to develop a worldwide network with academics and industrial partners. Currently, a vacancy exists for an Automotive Technology Engineer Lighting in Bergen op Zoom – The Netherlands.
- Lead and drive technical programs from start to commercialization in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders to grow automotive portfolio to achieve SABIC 2025 vision.
- Lead and drive technical programs from start to commercialization in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders T&I project team, Marketing team, and Product Management team), customers and external parties.
- Responsible for all deliverables to be up-to-date in Project Management tool for their projects in an integrated and multi-disciplinary approach with other T&I functions.
- Proactively communicate with project members and business stakeholders on project progress towards business goals and address potential gaps/barriers. Actively participate in project reviews and project Gate reviews.
- Provide technical expertise in understanding and evaluating materials/application needs through testing and prototyping. Translate market needs into clear technical requirements.
- Scope, evaluate and screen existing solutions to help establish firm base for technical program initiation.
- Interface with Intellectual Property team to maintain and ensure Intellectual Property coverage in the scope of their projects.
- Follow market trends and customer needs. Propose pipeline programs to address these needs.
- Ensure activities are compliant with safety, regulatory and intellectual property requirements
Desired Skills and Experience
- B.Sc., M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Polymer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in plastics industry, preferably in (automotive) lighting applications
- Significant experience in project management in for instanceat least one of the following fields: Material development, Structural part design, Application manufacturing (e.g. injection moulding, secondary operations,…)
- Excellent English communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to work in global cross-functional teams in matrix organizations
- Experience in customer and external interactions
- Flexibility to travel, namely within Europe (30%)
For more information about this role you can contact
- Mr. Stijn Meijers (Sr. Manager Automotive Lighting and hiring manager) on tel. +31 164 292859
- Ms. Y Nhu Tran (Recruiter) tel. +31 164 292260
Please apply with an English motivation letter and CV via the SABIC career website: www.sabic.com/careers.
This position has reference number 2759 on our website.